How are we
We offer training, consulting services and tools based on the needs of our clients. We meet them where they are and work with them to build on their strengths.
While we come to your board as experts, we know that is only useful if we provide our expertise in a manner that supports your organization’s culture and success.
Where do we
We start by listening.
First we work to understand what makes your organization tick:
• environmental factors
• organizational culture
• management styles
• industries, verticals, and markets
For most organizations, this begins with an Initial Governance Assessment.
This is an informal process where we review your organization’s governing documents (such as articles/acts of incorporation, constitution, by-laws, policies, and any other constating documents).
To begin your assessment, we review any existing strategic or action plans, sit in on meetings, and, where appropriate, conduct interviews with members of your council/board, executive, staff, and stakeholders.
We work with boards and leadership teams to thoroughly understand both the current state of your governance and where you would like it to be. We then work with you to create a plan to help you achieve your governance goals and support you through the implementation process.
Our team works with you to build clear, concise, comprehensive, and customized solutions to meet your specific needs as they develop and evolve.
We believe that the best way to approach strong governance is through supporting and developing your People, Processes, and Planning.
We know that your needs and priorities shift over time. That is why our deliverables are tailored to each individual client and their unique needs.
Training, development, and coaching
- Coaching and advising Directors and the C Suite.
- Onboarding, offboarding, orientations, and training sessions.
- Assistance and facilitation of board-level strategic planning and professional development.
- Board Performance Assessment and Self Assessment.
- Review and advise on existing budget and compensation structures.
- Design, develop, and communicate role descriptions and division of responsibility documentation.
- Board Succession Planning.
- Training and Development for the board’s support staff.
- Analyze, review, and develop policies and governance practices.
- Evaluate organizational structures and procedures.
- Review committee mandates, structure, membership, and effectiveness.
- Plan effective Board/Council agendas and meetings.
- Develop, implement and monitor Board Level Crisis Communications and Business Continuity plans.
Improve organizational governance systems
Plan for the future and prepare for the unexpected
- Annual action and goal planning.
- Strategic Planning.
- Transition, succession, and continuity planning.
- Board professional development training and planning.